Landscaping Care Guide
How do you care for your new landscape?
- We recommend that you trim plants as nesessary every 6 weeks during the growing season.
- We recommend you spray Round Up on the edges and around plants every 6 weeks in growing season (do not spray when windy and do not spray the plants).
- Short Term Watering: Water everyday for the first 10 days by hand in addition to your sprinkler system. Give special attention to hand watering palm trees and any transplants. You are EXEMPT from sprinkler system watering restrictions for 60 days after new landscaping, allowing you to water from 4PM to 10AM everyday. WE RECOMMEND USING THE SPRINKLER SYSTEM 4 DAYS PER WEEK FOR THE FIRST 60 DAYS.
- Remember bottom branches on all palm trees turn yellow and die, especially Sylvester palms. If more than 1 row starts dying at a time, now or 10 years later, that means the palms NEED MORE WATER. THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS FOR WATERING WITH YOUR HOSE.
- Long Term Watering: You're allowed 2 days at 45 minutes per zone. ANYTIME WITH A HOSE.
We do not guarantee any Transplants. Heavy watering is recommended for the first 3-6 weeks.
Plants & Tree Care
We recommend you hire a company to do it. If you want to do it yourself, following steps 1 & 2:
- Fertilize and use epsom salts on all palms 4 times per year.
- Every time you cut back roses, or any flowering plant, fertilize them, otherwise 3 or 4 times a years is plenty. Remember, all color plants are sporadic & can look good one day and bad the next. If you don't want that, then use only green hearty plants.