There are many beautiful neighborhoods in Central Florida that offer stunning homes but not much yard space. To some this is a perfect time to down size after retirement and not have to worry about taking care of a huge lawn. Even though the back yard is small it could feel a bit overwhelming when it comes to making the most out of such a tiny space.
If you are stuck wondering what to do with that area, check out these tips to create your own small and beautiful backyard oasis:
- Invest in comfy chairs and benches. Having many seating options around creates a cozy spot for relaxing or entertaining guest.
- Split your backyard up into different areas. Create a dinning area separate from a sitting area that is separate from a lounging area. Different spaces creates the illusion of a bigger and more productive backyard.
- Use a fire pit to extend outside entertaining after the sun goes down.
- Line your pathways with landscaping to for my visual appeal.
- Use paving stones or gravel for sitting areas and pathways.
- Choose plants of varying heights to give your yard an interesting look.
- Stack planters or flower beds to free up more space.
- Install a fountain or water feature. The sound of flowing water calms the nerves while the fountain give a unique look to any outdoor space.
- Play around with bold colors. Throw brightly colored cushions on your patio chairs or add different colored planters to spice things up.
- Remove clutter and keep it maintained. Keep the backyard clear of lawn equipment and keep up appearances for an enjoyable out door getaway.
For more landscaping ideas contact the professionals at Mansfield landscaping.